About Holcombe Hall
Holcombe Hall is home to 140 co-ed students and the Office of International Students and Scholars .
Opened in 1949, the building was named for Miss Jobelle Holcombe. Miss Jobelle was a graduate of the class of 1898 and remained at the University as a professor of English from 1901-1942. She also served as the first Dean of Women from 1907 to 1913.
Holcombe Hall is located on the north side of campus near the Law School and Mullins Library. It features a game room, a formal lounge, a piano lounge and a T.V. Room. The hall is air-conditioned and has an individual thermostat in resident rooms.
Hall visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 24 hours a day during Friday and Saturday.
This hall is open to students even during winter and spring breaks.
Rates by Semester
- Capacity of 143 students
- Co-ed building
- Student population: All students
- Academic Year Hall (open during breaks)
- Movable Furniture
- Available for Freshmen
- W-Fi available
- Hard-wood floors
- Hall common areas contain:
- Game room
- Formal lounge
- TV Room
- Each room has:
- Ethernet access
- Networked smoke detector
- Individual thermostat
Typical Double-Room Dimensions
Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H. Beds have wood frames and require a maintenance request to bunk or unbunk. Bedrooms are approximately 15'3" deep and 11'9" wide.
- 2 Twin beds - Be ds have wooden loftable frames and can be adjusted for height without
any other equipment
Mattress Long Twin: 36" wide x 80" long
- 2 Desks (42" x 24" 30")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- 2 Corkboards under bookshelves
- 2 Bulletin Boards (38" W x 40" H)
- 2 Wardrobes (44" x 20" x 74")
- 2 Chests of drawers (28" x 22" x 45")
- Window with blinds (60" W x 68" H)