About Pomfret Hall
Home to approximately 750 students, Pomfret Hall is the single largest residence hall on the University of Arkansas campus. It features its own dining hall inside the building, two classrooms, meeting rooms, a music room and a large lounge area.
Pomfret Hall consist of three basic parts: the eight-story B-wing and on the north side, the three-story C- and four-story D-wing on the north side of the building. Each wing is co-ed by floor. The wings are connected by a large ground-level Great Room. Pomfret hall dining overlooks the Great Room.
Hall visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 24 hours a day during Friday and Saturday.
This hall is open to students even during winter and spring breaks.
Rates by Semester
- Capacity of 803 students
- Co-ed building for all students
- Elevator (B-Wing only)
- Living/Learning Community
- B-wing Capacity: 406
- C- and D-wing Capacity: 397
- In-hall dining
- Opened in 1967.
- Named for James Edward Pomfret who served as the vice president for business from 1958-1967.
Typical Double Room Dimensions
- 2 Twin beds
- Door-side bed frame (38" wide x 81" long)
- Door-side mattress (36" wide x 75" long)
- Window-side bed frame (38" wide x 86" long)
- Window-side mattress (36" wide x 80" long)
- 2 Desks (36" wide x 34" deep x 30" high)
- 2 Desk chairs
- Three-drawer chest (30" wide x 24" deep x 30" high)
- Wardrobes (36" wide x 24" deep x 72" high)
- Window with blinds (9'6" W x 57" H)
- Ledge (9'9" x 12" x 37")
- Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- Bedrooms are approximately 13'6" deep x 9'9" wide
The accent color in B-wing (Floors 2, 5 and 8) is Benjamin Moore 2128-50, November skies (blue hue)
The accent color in B-wing (Floors 3 and 6) is Benjamin Moore 2158-30, delightful golden (tan hue)
The accent color in B-wing (Floors 4 and 7) is Benjamin Moore 2149-30, fresh olive (green hue)
The accent color in C-wing is Benjamin Moore 2128-50, November skies (blue hue)
The accent color in D-wing is Benjamin Moore 2158-30, delightful golden (tan hue)
Accent colors are used on a single wall in the room.
Students are not allowed to paint their rooms. This accent color is provided only to assist with decorating.