Mental Health

University Housing works with the Pat Walker Health Center's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) to offer a full suite of mental health services.

The team of clinicians and interns working with Housing is called the Embedded Team.

The Embedded Team currently consists of one full-time mental health clinician, one counselor-in-residence (CIR) and four counseling interns.

The program takes a proactive approach to helping students with reducing various stressors that can occur in the university environment.

We offer free individual counseling to Housing students seen by a member of the Embedded Team.

We also have counseling groups and outreaches specifically designed for students living in the residence halls. Housing students can also utilize the wide range of services offered by CAPS, including Let’s Talk and 24/7 emergency services.

Please note that all of our services are being offered remotely via Telehealth during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Students can access CAPS services by calling 479-575-5276, or by visiting the CAPS website .

Mental Health Clinicians

Sarah Finley

Sarah Finley is a licensed associate counselor (LAC). She received her masters of science degree in clinical mental health counseling from the University of Arkansas and is licensed in the state of Arkansas. Sarah is a staff member at CAPS and works specifically with students living in the residence halls.

Sarah values working with housing students to address their specific and often unique needs. Her position includes initial consultations, individual counseling, group counseling, mental health outreach, administrative responsibilities and supervision of the counseling interns embedded in housing.

Sarah works with students with a myriad of presenting concerns and has an expressed interest in the treatment of trauma and diversity-related concerns. She is passionate about providing warm and inclusive counseling and believes that everyone has the tools within themselves to grow and heal.

Sarah Finley
Sarah Finley
Pat Walker Health Center
Mental Health Clinician


A counselor-in-residence is a doctoral student in the counselor education program with advanced training in counseling, helping skills and crisis situations.

Some of the issues a counselor-in-residence can help with are adjusting to college, anger, stress, grief, relationships, roommate problems and time management - to name a few.

Counseling Interns

Counseling interns, or CIs, are counselors and social workers in training seeking their master's degree in counseling or social Work. They are available for counseling services including, but not limited to, academic achievement, homesickness, anxiety, relationships, depression and roommate conflicts.

Counseling interns are supervised by the counselors-in-residence and senior clinicians at CAPS.

To schedule an appointment with a member of our Embedded Team, please call CAPS at 479-575-5276 and let them know you are a housing student or a resident assistant.