Adohi Hall is 708-bed co-ed hall open to all students in the south campus neighborhood.
Adohi is a Cherokee word for “woods.”
This name honors the Cherokee who passed nearby the site following the Trail of Tears between 1837 and 1839. It was chosen in consultation with citizens of the Cherokee Nation, including members of the Cherokee speaker’s bureau.
A Trail of Tears marker is located approximately 1,500 feet south of the new residence hall.
It also references the sustainably sourced wood used in the cross-laminated timber construction.
Hall visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 2 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 24 hours a day during Friday and Saturday.
This hall is open to students even during winter and spring breaks.
Rates by Semester
Rates will be approved by the University of Arkansas System's Board of Trustees in late May 2024 and posted here at that time.
- Cabin connected to both wings has ping pong, billiards, video gaming area, movie and sports watching area, kitchen, lounge with gas fireplace all with a variety of tables, stools and chairs
- Kitchens located on 3rd and 5th floors (Adohi A); 3rd, 4th and 6th floors (Adohi B); and a double kitchen in the Cabin (Adohi C)
- Lounges are furnished
- Half basketball court
General Room Information
- No furniture may be removed from the room
- Except for the closets, all furniture in student rooms is movable
- All student rooms have thermostats located on the wall
- All student rooms are a single gender
- All student room paint color off white color (specifically Benjamin Moore OC-20 pale oak)
- All student rooms have luxury vinyl flooring
- All bathroom floors have epoxy flooring
- Decorating should be done using white putty used for posters, etc. Adhesive-backed decorations, nails, screws, colored putty, tape, hooks may not be used to decorate.
Pod Room Layouts
Download this room layout
Pod Floor Plans
In the floor plans above, you can see a slight difference in the bedroom depth (just a little over 1’), but they are essentially the same size between the two types of rooms. The closets are the same size, but they are farther apart in the PODs allowing for the small cubby to be added by the door (2×2 next to the door with two upper shelves and a plug for a small refrigerator – provided by the student.
Bathrooms on Floors With Pod Rooms
Community bathrooms are gender specific. Each bathroom has three sinks, two toilets, two showers. Privacy is provided by each toilet stall and shower. Changing areas are individual and have a door within the larger restroom. Sinks are together in one continuous countertop within a larger restroom.
Download this room layout
Semi-suite Room Measurements
Semi-suite room dimensions and ceiling height 11’6 x 12’6 not including bathroom, sink, and closet. Ceilings are 8’ in entry/restrooms opening to 14’ high in the hallway area.
- The countertop is 4’ wide w/ 5’ of standing space (typical countertop depth) with one sink and one open shelving below
- One mirror
- Toilet area 6’-6” x 4’
- Two towel racks