About Yocum Hall
Named for Judge Henry S. Yocum of El Dorado, Yocum Hall opened in 1963. Judge Yocum served as a member of the Board of Trustees.
With a capacity of 527 students, open to all classifications, Yocum Hall is a ten-story, co-ed residence hall with a
large activity room on the ground floor and a TV lounge on the first floor. Each bedroom has built-in closets, dressers
and a long, centrally positioned built-in desk with bookcase, ethernet access, cable and a networked smoke detector.
Four rooms per floor have been modified to include space for an air-flow chase. Referred to as "Loft Rooms" these rooms are provided with a wall-mounted flat-screen TV, lofts, movable bureaus, and desks.
- Diagram of Loft Rooms ending in #05
- Diagram of Loft Rooms ending in #10 & #28
- Diagram of Loft Rooms ending in #17
Yocum is located directly across the street from the Walton College of Business and Kimpel Hall. Yocum is one of the tallest
buildings on campus and features study rooms on each floor, a large T.V. Lounge on the first floor, and a game room on the ground floor. The building is air-conditioned and the hallways are carpeted.
Yocum live-in staff includes sixteen Resident Assistants (RAs) and a full-time Coordinator for Residence Education (CRE).
The CRE apartment is located on the first floor.
Room rates shown are for the Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 academic year.
Rates are based on availability of space. Rates shown have been Approved by the Board of Trustees.
Typical Double-Room Dimensions
Yocum Typical Room Layout
- 2 Twin beds** (78" x 36" x 25")
- Double desk (84" x 24" x 31")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- Bookshelves over desk (84" x 9" x 31")
- 2 Closets (48" x 32" x 96")
- Double dresser (70" x 24" x 40")
- Overhead storage (70" x 24" x 17.5")
- Lighted Mirror (60" W x 27" H)
- 2 Bulletin Boards (43" W x 32" H)
- Window with blinds (114" W x 57" H)
- Window ledge (9'9" x 16" x 37')
- * Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- ** Beds are on light wooden lofts: one bed unit is shorter (75" mattress) to accommodate the room door frame. The other bed has an 80" mattress.
- Bedrooms are approximately 13'6" deep and 9'9" wide
- Each bedroom has ethernet access, cable and a networked smoke detector
Yocum Hall 1st Floor
Yocum Hall 2nd Floor
Yocum Hall 3rd Floor
Yocum Hall 4th Floor
Yocum Hall 5th Floor
Yocum Hall 6th Floor
Yocum Hall 7th Floor
Yocum Hall 8th Floor
Yocum Hall 9th Floor
Yocum Hall 10th Floor
Distance from other campus locations
Yocum Hall is a...
- 1 minute walk to the Walton College of Business/Kimpel Hall
- 2 minute walk to Brough Dining Hall
- 5 minute walk to the Student Union/Library
- 7 minute walk to Old Main
- 4 minute walk to the HPER bldg
- 11 minute walk to the Poultry Science bldg
- 6 minute walk to Bell Engineering
See Yocum on the full campus map.