Housing Contracts

Completing a contract with University Housing is the first step toward securing a residence hall or an apartment space that is safe, affordable and part of the University of Arkansas campus.

Visit the Housing Portal to sign your contract.

Phase 4 — Room Selection

Phase 3 — Roommate Selection

Phase 3 is not time sensitive. If you are a student who already knows who you want as your roommate, we encourage you to wait a few days after Phase Three opens before going in and selecting your roommate.

Students are only allowed one roommate. If you choose to live in a four-person suite, such as the Maple Hill residence halls, you cannot “hold” the other side of the suite.

Students can pair with another student by using one of three methods for room selection.

  • Direct selection by typing in the Student ID number of a roommate request.
  • Having the system recommend potential roommates for you
  • Search by specific profiles (such as band, bedtime, etc.)

Once your roommate group has been confirmed, students can see this information under “My Details” in the housing contracting portal.

Finally, as a reminder, you will select your room during Phase Four, which begins in mid-March for returning students and late March for first-year students.

Room selection times will be prioritized by contracting date and time (signing the contract and payment of the $240 advance payment and processing charge).

Students will receive an email to their UARK email account if they are in the upcoming “round” of room selection and times will also be posted under “My Details” in the contracting portal.

As a reminder, March 1 at noon is the cancellation deadline for the 2024-2025 Housing Contract to receive the $200 advanced payment refund.

Phase 2 — Preferences

Phase 1 — Begin Your Contract


Disability Accommodation

Students with disabilities may need special accommodations in order to have full and integrated access to on-campus housing.

Examples of housing accommodations include, but are not limited to:

  • ADA compliant rooms
  • Single-occupancy rooms
  • Non-communal restroom
  • Room and furniture modifications
  • Meal-plan modifications
  • Assistance animals

Housing and dining accommodations must be reasonable and relate to the students' disability and address their functional limitations.

The Center for Educational Access (CEA), University Housing and Dining Services work closely together to ensure accommodation needs are appropriately implemented for students with disabilities living on campus.

To initiate a request for housing and/or dining accommodations, please contact the CEA.

Center for Educational Access
University of Arkansas
Room 209 ARKU
Fayetteville, AR 72701

Office: 479-575-3104
TDD: 479-575-3646
Fax: 479-575-7445
Test Center: 479-575-2695