About Holcombe Hall
Holcombe Hall is home to 140 co-ed students and the Office of International Students
Opened in 1949, the building was named for Miss Jobelle Holcombe. Miss Jobelle was a graduate
of the class of 1898 and remained at the University as a professor of English from 1901-1942. She
also served as the first Dean of Women from 1907 to 1913.
Holcombe Hall is located on the north side of campus near the Law School and Mullins Library. It
features a game room, a formal lounge, a piano lounge and a T.V. Room. The hall is air-conditioned
and has an individual thermostat in resident rooms.
Room rates shown are for the Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 academic year.
Rates are based on availability of space. Rates shown have been Approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Capacity of 143 students
- Co-ed building
- Student population: All students
- Academic Year Hall (open during breaks)
- Movable Furniture
- Available for Freshmen
- Wireless Internet available in public areas
- Room Carpeting
Compare Holcombe features with other Campus Communities
- Hall common areas contain:
- Game room
- Formal lounge
- T.V. Room
- Each room has:
- Ethernet access
- Networked smoke detector
- Individual thermostat
Typical Double-Room Dimensions:*
Holcombe Room Layout
- 2 Twin beds
Beds have wooden loftable frames and can be adjusted for height without any other equipment
Mattress Long Twin: 36" wide x 80" long
- 2 Desks (42" x 24" 30")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- 2 Bookshelves (40" x 9" x 34")
- 2 Corkboards under bookshelves
- 2 Bulletin Boards (38" W x 40" H)
- 2 Wardrobes (44" x 20" x 74")
- 2 Chests of drawers (28" x 22" x 45")
- Window with blinds (60" W x 68" H)
- * Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- ** Beds have wood frames and require a maintenance request to bunk or unbunk
- Bedrooms are approximately 15'3" deep and 11'9" wide
Holcombe Hall Ground Floor - Click for larger view
Holcombe Hall 2nd Floor - Click for larger view
Holcombe Hall 3rd Floor - Click for larger view
Distance from other campus locations
Holcombe Hall is a...
- 9 minute walk to the B.A. bldg./Kimpel Hall
- 2 minute walk to NWQ Dining Hall
- 4 minute walk to the Student Union/Library
- 6 minute walk to Old Main
- 10 minute walk to the HPER bldg
- 3 minute walk to the Poultry Science bldg
- 12 minute walk to Bell Engineering
See Holcombe on the full campus map.
Garland Commons Mailing Address
1106 W. Maple St.
Fayetteville, AR 72701-3108
Hall Closing Schedule
Holcombe will remain open during Winter and Spring Breaks.
Holcombe Hall Desk Hours
- Monday - Thursday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Saturday 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Sunday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Garland Commons Telephone
Garland Commons Hours
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 12:00 am
- Saturday 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Sunday 12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Garland Commons Information
Garland Commons is the community comprised of Futrall Hall, Holcombe Hall, Hotz Honors Hall, and the Northwest Quad.
The Garland Commons office is located in building B at the Northwest Quad.
All administrative responsibilities for residents living at Garland Commons are handled at the Garland Commons Office.
Residents living in the Garland Commons community have access to their mailboxes and package pick up at this location
24 hours a day/7 days a week. Some packages may be too large for the package boxes and can be picked up during business
hours. For more information or assistance call 479-718-7802.
Sunday - Thursday
Friday - Saturday