About Gregson Hall
Gregson Hall, also known as Gregson Lodge, opened in 1948 and was named for William S. "Pop" Gregson.
"Pop" had been associated with the university since 1918 when he visited the campus while working for
the YMCA. He later became the Director of Religious Activities and served for a brief period as the
acting Dean of Men for the University of Arkansas. He also served as the manager of the Student Union
when it was housed in Memorial Hall. Gregson Hall is a co-ed upper division hall.
All rooms are carpeted and feature modular furniture, individually controlled air-conditioning units,
and direct network connections for internet and e-mail access. The hall has a game room, a television
lounge and a private study lounge and houses the University of Arkansas Enhanced Learning Center.
Room rates shown are for the Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 academic year.
Rates are based on availability of space. Rates shown have been Approved by the Board of Trustees.
Typical Double-Room Dimensions
Gregson Room Layout
- 2 Twin beds** (78" x 36" x 25")
- 2 Desks (42" x 24" x 30")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- 2 Bookshelves (42" x 10" x 28")
- 2 Cork boards under bookshelves
- 2 Closets (44" x 20" x 74")
- Lighted Mirror (72" W x 30" H)
- Window with blinds (81" W x 60" H)
- * Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- ** Beds have wood frames and require a maintenance request to bunk or unbunk
- Bedrooms are approximately 16'2" deep and 13'2" wide
- Each bedroom has ethernet access, cable, a networked smoke detector and a ceiling light
Gregson First Floor - Click for larger view
Gregson Second Floor - Click for larger view
Gregson Third Floor - Click for larger view
Distance from other campus locations
Gregson Hall is a...
- 3 minute walk to the B.A. bldg./Kimpel Hall
- 1 minute walk to Brough Dining Hall
- 2 minute walk to the Student Union/Library
- 6 minute walk to Old Main
- 5 minute walk to the HPER bldg
- 7 minute walk to the Poultry Science bldg
- 6 minute walk to Bell Engineering
See Gregson on the full campus map.
301 N. Garland Ave.
301 N. Garland Ave.
Mail pick-up is from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30-4 p.m.
Hall Closing Schedule
Gregson will remain open during Winter and Spring Breaks.
Sunday - Thursday
Friday - Saturday