Gladson-Ripley is a three-story co-ed residence hall with a study room and vending area on the ground floor. The student rooms each have a ceiling fan, a window unit air conditioner, ethernet connections for both students and a cable outlet. Room Dimensions are typically 12'-7" (W) x 13'-11" (L).
First known as Gladson House and Ripley House upon opening in 1954, this building was later fused to create what is now known as Gladson-Ripley. Gladson House was named for William Nathan Gladson who came to the university in 1894. He became the Dean of the College of Engineering in 1913. During his 42 years at the university, the college of engineering acquired an excellent national reputation. Ripley House was named for Dean Giles E. Ripley who came to the university in 1908 as a physics professor. He later served as the Dean of Men from 1923-1937. He then returned to the physics department as a professor until he retired in 1940.
Gladson-Ripley Hall is a...
177 N. Garland St.
129 N. Garland St.
Mail pick-up is from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30-4 p.m.
Buchanan-Droke Hall handles mail for Gladson-Ripley Hall.
Gladson-Ripley will close for Winter and Spring Breaks.
8:00 am until 2:00 am
8:00 am until 3:00 am