LLC Coordinator: Cody Lindbloom
Sponsoring College/Department: Walton College of Business
The Business Living Learning Community consists of first-year students who are engaged in the first-year curriculum of the Walton College of Business and several co-curricular activities.
This type of community provides a close working relationship among students and faculty through structured academic and social events each month. This involvement will not exceed 2 hours per week.
Students in this LLC frequently study and discuss coursework in their residence hall.
Interested in Greek Life, too? Just like many of our current LLC students, you can fully participate in both experiences — you may have to strategically manage your time!
Students may not participate in both the Walton College Honors Program and the Business LLC, but students can participate in Walton Honors during their sophomore year.
- Get to know faculty in a small setting.
- Create connections right away with peers who share the same interests.
- Become involved at the University of Arkansas.
Who should join?
- You are a first-year student majoring in business.
- You want to live in the same residence hall and form study groups with other first-year business majors.
- You want to participate in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities related to your major.
- You want to explore your career choice with staff, students and faculty.
- Have a declared major in the Walton College of Business and are not a member of the Honors College
- Enroll in the following Business cohort classes for the fall semester:
- WCOB 1111 Freshman Business Connections
- COMM 1313 Public Speaking
- BLAW 2013 The Legal Environment of Business
- Enroll in the 0-credit hour class delegated for the Business LLC, Univ 1200-006 and attend its seminars
- Enroll in the following Business classes for the spring semester:
- ECON 2023 Principles of Microeconomics
- UNIV 1200-006 Business LLC Seminar
- Live in building designated for the Business LLC — Founders or Humphreys Halls — and have a roommate who is also selected for the Business LLC
- Participation in all Business LLC activities