3.10 Solicitations in University Housing Buildings

Residents are not allowed to provide interior access to a University Housing residence to any business or commercial entity without prior written permission from the assistant vice chancellor for University Housing or their designee. 

The buildings and grounds owned by the Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas exist for, and are exclusively devoted to, the organized and approved University program of higher education. 

As such, they are committed to be used for the nonprofit, tax-exempt use of the official program of the University. 

Under no circumstances is door-to-door selling, soliciting or canvassing of any item or service permissible. 

A University Housing residence hall is only open to assigned residents, University officials and guests (as defined in Policy 3.2 Hall Visitation) who have a specific and legitimate reason for being in the building. Residential facilities staff and University Housing-approved vendors are considered special purpose and are allowed. 

Updated August 2022 

Return to the Handbook Table of Contents