Become a Conference Ambassador
The Conference Ambassador (CA) is a key member of the University Housing Conference Services team. The CA is responsible for providing the highest possible customer service experience for guests staying on campus as part of a summer camp or conference.
Groups include adult/youth conferences, athletic camps, special events and university academic programs. CAs report to the assistant director for conference services and work collaboratively with all University Housing staff.
This is a live-in position and CAs work approximately 20-40 hours per week with night and weekend shifts required.
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
General Position Duties
- Serve as an ambassador for Conference Services, University Housing, and the University of Arkansas
- Provide a top-tier customer service experience for all internal and external constituents
- Exhibit well-versed adaptability and critical thinking skills
- Regularly update, meet, and communicate with assigned Senior Conference Ambassador, Assistant Director for Conference Services, and other University Housing and University of Arkansas staff
- Serve in an on-call duty rotation
- Abide by all University Housing and University of Arkansas policies and procedures
- Fulfill service project requirement
- Other duties as assigned
Administrative Duties and Building Operations
- Serve as a resource for conference guests and administrators
- Perform front desk duties, including answering phone, checking out equipment, assisting guests, etc.
- Execute conference check-in/out procedures
- Utilize conference software programming
- Attend ongoing professional development opportunities
- Implement Building Service Standards
- Responsible for proper use of University Housing retainer keys
- $11 per hour with the potential for overtime
- Great customer service experience
- Flexible work schedules
- On-campus summer housing
- Summer meal plan (if available)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a student enrolled at the University of Arkansas for the Spring 2021 semester
- Enrollment is not required for Summer 2021. However, CAs may enroll in three (3) hours during first five weeks and six (6) hours during second five weeks.
- Enrollment in Fall 2021 courses is preferred.
- Must be a student enrolled at the University of Arkansas for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Enrollment is not required for Summer 2021. However, CAs may enroll in three hours during first five weeks and six (6) hours during second five weeks.
- Enrollment in Fall 2021 courses is preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Application Close: Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021
- Individual Interviews: Feb. 8-19. 2021
- Group Interview Process: Saturday, Feb. 27
Group interviews will be scheduled for a 2-hour time blocks on this date.
- Notification Date: Friday, March 19
Other Important Dates
- Saturday, April 24, 2021: Pre-summer training (required)
- Sunday, May 9, 2021: CA move-in from 8 a.m.- noon.
- Sunday, May 9, 2021: CA training begins at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021: First conference group arrives
If you have any questions, please contact Jake Shaw, assistant director for conference services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-718-3337.