Become a Conference Ambassador
The Conference Ambassador (CA) is a key member of the University Housing Conference Services team. The CA is responsible for providing the highest possible customer service experience for guests staying on campus as part of a summer camp or conference.
Groups include adult/youth conferences, athletic camps, special events and university academic programs. CAs report to the assistant director for conference services and work collaboratively with all University Housing staff.
This is a live-in position and CAs work approximately 20-40 hours per week with night and weekend shifts required.
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
- Serve as ambassadors for the University of Arkansas and Housing
- Provide top-tier customer service to all conference guests and university personnel
- Act as a Housing tour guide to prospective parents and students
- Execute conference check-in/out procedures
- $11 per hour with the potential for overtime
- Great customer service experience
- Flexible work schedules
- Free on-campus summer housing and meal plan
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be a student enrolled at the University of Arkansas for the Spring 2021 semester
- Enrollment is not required for Summer 2021. However, CAs may enroll in three (3) hours during first five weeks and six (6) hours during second five weeks.
- Enrollment in Fall 2021 courses is preferred.
- Must be a student enrolled at the University of Arkansas for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Enrollment is not required for Summer 2021. However, CAs may enroll in three hours during first five weeks and six (6) hours during second five weeks.
- Enrollment in Fall 2021 courses is preferred
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Application Close: Saturday, Jan. 30, 2021
- Individual Interviews: Feb. 8-19. 2021
- Group Interview Process: Saturday, Feb. 27
Group interviews will be scheduled for a 2-hour time blocks on this date.
- Notification Date: Friday, March 19
- Conference Ambassadors are required to attend pre-summer traning on Saturday, April 24, 2021
- CA move-in: 8 a.m.-noon Sunday, May 9, 2021
- CA training: 1 p.m., Sunday, May 9, 2021