1.3 Appliances and Refrigerators
Electrical appliances meeting the specifications outlined below are allowed in resident rooms.
- One refrigerator per bedroom not to exceed 3.2 cubic feet.
- Residents who leave for winter break do not need to, defrosted, and unplug all refrigerators in their room.
- Microwave ovens (one per room) must not exceed 0.7 cubic feet.
- Popcorn poppers, coffee makers, and irons must be UL-approved units.
- Stereos, computers, televisions, DVD players, video game systems and DVRs are allowed.
- All extension cords must be UL-approved and of proper size and gauge to safely run the appliance or device to which they are connected.
- For the protection of resident's property, University Housing recommends surge protectors be used.
- Multi-plug adapters having a round cord
“Daisy-chaining” cords (connecting two or more cords without a surge protector) is prohibited.
Updated August 2022