About Pomfret Hall
Named for James Edward Pomfret, the hall was opened in 1967. Mr. Pomfret served
as the Vice-President for Business from 1958-1967.
Home to approximately 750 students, Pomfret Hall is the single largest
residence hall on the University of Arkansas campus. It features its own dining hall inside the building,
two classrooms, meeting rooms, a music room, and a large lounge area.
Pomfret Hall consist of three basic parts: the eight-story B-Wing and on the north side, the three-story C and four-story D-Wing on the north side of the building. Each wing is co-ed by floor. The wings are connected by a large ground-level Great Room. Pomfret Hall Dining overlooks the Great Room.
Room rates shown are for the Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 academic year.
Rates are based on availability of space. Rates shown have been Approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Capacity of 803 students
- Co-ed building
- Living/Learning Community
- Available for Freshmen
- Wi-Fi available
- B-Wing Capacity: 406
- C and D-Wing Capacity: 397
- Location of Pomfret Dining Center
Typical Double Room Dimensions:*
Pomfret Room Layout
- 2 Twin beds (78" x 36" x 25")
- 2 Desks (48" x 24" x 30")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- 2 Bookshelves (48" x 10" x 23")
- 2 Closets (48" x 25" x 96")
- Double dresser (70" x 24" x 40")
- Lighted Mirror (60" W x 27" H)
- 2 Bulletin Boards (43" W x 32" H)
- Window with blinds (9'6" W x 57" H)
- Ledge (9'9" x 12" x 37")
- * Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- Bedrooms are approximately 13'6" deep and 9'9" wide
- Each bedroom has ethernet access, cable and a networked smoke detector
Pomfret B-Wing 2nd Floor
Pomfret B-Wing 3rd Floor
Pomfret B-Wing 4th Floor
Pomfret B-Wing 5th Floor
Pomfret B-Wing 6th Floor
Pomfret B-Wing 7th Floor
Pomfret B-Wing 8th Floor
Pomfret C-Wing 1st Floor
Pomfret C-Wing 2nd Floor
Pomfret C-Wing 3rd Floor
Pomfret D-Wing 1st Floor
Pomfret D-Wing 2nd Floor
Pomfret D-Wing 3rd Floor
Pomfret D-Wing 4th Floor
Distance from other campus locations
Pomfret Hall is a...
- 8 minute walk to the B.A. bldg./Kimpel Hall
- 0 minute walk to Pomfret Dining Hall
- 8 minute walk to the Student Union/Library
- 14 minute walk to Old Main
- 2 minute walk to the HPER bldg
- 7 minute walk to the Poultry Science bldg
- 13 minute walk to Bell Engineering
See Pomfret on the full campus map.
31 S. Stadium Dr.
31 S. Stadium Dr.
Mail pick-up is from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30-4 p.m.
Hall Closing Schedule
Pomfret will close for Winter and Spring Breaks.
Sunday - Thursday
8:00 am until 2:00 am
Friday - Saturday
8:00 am until 3:00 am