About Holcombe Hall
Holcombe Hall is home to 140 co-ed students and the Office of International Students
Opened in 1949, the building was named for Miss Jobelle Holcombe. Miss Jobelle was a graduate
of the class of 1898 and remained at the University as a professor of English from 1901-1942. She
also served as the first Dean of Women from 1907 to 1913.
Holcombe Hall is located on the north side of campus near the Law School and Mullins Library. It
features a game room, a formal lounge, a piano lounge and a T.V. Room. The hall is air-conditioned
and has an individual thermostat in resident rooms.
Room rates shown are for the Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 academic year.
Rates are based on availability of space. Rates shown have been Approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Hard-wood floors
- Hall common areas contain:
- Game room
- Formal lounge
- T.V. Room
- Each room has:
- Ethernet access
- Networked smoke detector
- Individual thermostat
Typical Double-Room Dimensions:*
Holcombe Room Layout
- 2 Twin beds
Beds have wooden loftable frames and can be adjusted for height without any other equipment
Mattress Long Twin: 36" wide x 80" long
- 2 Desks (42" x 24" 30")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- 2 Corkboards under bookshelves
- 2 Bulletin Boards (38" W x 40" H)
- 2 Wardrobes (44" x 20" x 74")
- 2 Chests of drawers (28" x 22" x 45")
- Window with blinds (60" W x 68" H)
- * Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- ** Beds have wood frames and require a maintenance request to bunk or unbunk
- Bedrooms are approximately 15'3" deep and 11'9" wide
Holcombe Hall Ground Floor - Click for larger view
Holcombe Hall 2nd Floor - Click for larger view
Holcombe Hall 3rd Floor - Click for larger view
Distance from other campus locations
Holcombe Hall is a...
- 9 minute walk to the B.A. bldg./Kimpel Hall
- 2 minute walk to NWQ Dining Hall
- 4 minute walk to the Student Union/Library
- 6 minute walk to Old Main
- 10 minute walk to the HPER bldg
- 3 minute walk to the Poultry Science bldg
- 12 minute walk to Bell Engineering
See Holcombe on the full campus map.
129 N. Garland St.
1106 W. Maple St.
Mail pick-up is from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30-4 p.m.
Northwest Quad-B handles mail for Holcombe Hall.
Hall Closing Schedule
Holcombe will remain open during Winter and Spring Breaks.
Sunday - Thursday
Friday - Saturday