About Gibson Hall
Gibson Hall began as Razorback Hall. It was later dedicated in the memory of James Gibson,
a past director for University Housing. The building is air-conditioned, and the rooms are comparably
large and have a ceiling fan and a sink. Gibson Hall's original hardwood flooring was restored during the summer of 2015.
There is a large T.V. lounge and kitchenette in the second floor lounge and quiet study on the third floor.
The hall is located near the center of campus next to the Greek Theater.
Room rates shown are for the Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 academic year.
Rates are based on availability of space. Rates shown have been Approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Room for 98 students
- Female-only resident hall
- Sink in room
- Ceiling fans
- Moveable furniture
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet access
- Neighborhood computer lab
- Networked smoke detector
Typical Double-Room Dimensions
Gibson Room Layout
- Unless noted, measurements are L x W x H
- Bedrooms are approximately 16' 2" deep and 11' 3" wide
- 2 Twin beds
Beds have wooden loftable frames and can be adjusted for height without any other equipment
Mattress Long Twin: 36" wide x 80" long
- 2 Desks (48" x 24" x 30")
- 2 Desk chairs (23" x 21" x 33")
- Lighted Mirrors (32" W x 40" H)
- 2 Bookshelves (71" L x 9" W)
- Chest of drawers (34" x 29" x 65")
- 2 Closets (53" x 29" x 80")
- Window with blinds*** (82.5" W x 78" H)
- ***Corner rooms have two windows
Gibson First Floor - Click for larger view
Gibson Second Floor - Click for larger view
Gibson Third Floor - Click for larger view
Distance from other campus locations
Gibson Hall is a...
- 2 minute walk to the B.A. bldg./Kimpel Hall
- 1 minute walk to Brough Dining Hall
- 2 minute walk to the Student Union/Library
- 5 minute walk to Old Main
- 6 minute walk to the HPER bldg
- 7 minute walk to the Poultry Science bldg
- 5 minute walk to Bell Engineering
See Gibson on the full campus map.
1050 W. Dickson St.
1050 W. Dickson St.
Mail pick-up is from 8 a.m. to noon and 12:30-4 p.m.
Hall Closing Schedule
Gibson will close for Winter and Spring Breaks.
Sunday - Thursday
8:00 am until 2:00 am
Friday - Saturday