Megan Little is a full time mental health clinician located in Maple Hill East. She received her Ph.D. in counselor education and supervision from the University of Arkansas and she is a licensed associate counselor in the State of Arkansas. Little is a staff member in Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and housed full-time in the residence halls. Little's position includes initial assessments, individual counseling, group counseling, mental health outreach, administrative responsibilities, and supervision of the Counselors In Residence and Counseling Interns.

The embedded team consisting of one full-time mental health clinician, two counselors in residence and four counseling interns is a collaborative counseling service between University Housing and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for students living in residence halls and university apartments. The program takes a proactive approach to helping students with reducing various stressors that can occur in the college environment.

A CIR is a doctoral student in the Counselor Education program with advanced training in counseling, helping skills and crisis situations. Some of the issues a CIR can help with are adjusting to college, anger, stress, grief, relationships, roommate problems, and time management, to name a few.

The Counselor-in-Residence is available by appointment during the week, or during posted office hours. If you need assistance contacting the CIR please see your Resident Assistant or your Coordinator for Residence Education. To make an appointment please contact a CIR listed below.


Counselor-in-Residence Office Location Email Address
Justin Cook Pomfret Hall 136A
Amy Broadwater Gibson Hall 125

Counseling Interns (CI)

The Counseling Interns (CI) are counselors and social workers in training seeking their Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work. They are available for counseling services including but not limited to academic achievement, homesickness, anxiety, relationships, depression, roommate conflicts, and much more. Supervised by the Counselors in Residence and Senior Clinicians at the Counseling and Psychological Services, the CIs are available by appointment during the week. If you need assistance contacting the CI please see your Resident Assistant or your Coordinator for Residence Education.

Counseling Interns have offices in Yocum, Futrall, Gladson-Ripley and Reid Halls, but are available for all Housing students.

If you would like to meet with a CI, contact Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 575-5276 or Megan Little to schedule your initial appointment.

Mental Health Clinician

Megan Little
Maple Hill East 155


Justin Cook
Pomfret Hall 136A

Amy Broadwater
Gibson Hall 125

Join the team

University Housing is looking for new counselors-in-residence.

Learn more

Social Media