Cancelling Your Housing Contract

Section V of the Contract for Room and Board Accommodations covers cancellation or termination of the contract.

A student may cancel their contract prior to checking in at their assigned residence except for freshmen under 21 years old who are enrolled in classes. Once a student checks in OR uses their meal/flex plan, the contract may be terminated only if the student withdraws from classes. If the student officially withdraws from the University, at check out they will complete a Statement of Non-Enrollment form. If the student re-enrolls during the original contract term, all terms, conditions and charges will be reinstated. For more information, including a schedule of refunds, click here to see the current room and board contract.

Students wishing to cancel their Housing Contract must submit the request in writing by mail or email to University Housing ( Be sure to include your University of Arkansas student ID number in all communications.